A national materials distributor is looking for a Weighbridge Clerk to join their professional outfit at their site in Port Talbot.
Our client is a nationally recognised - market leader within materials storage and distribution who boast prestigious contracts and are know for their professionalism and excellent operation.
They are in the market for a Weighbridge Clerk based at their established facility in Port Talbot.
- Processing of vehicles and resources on a daily basis.
- Maintaining relevant data base records for all resource requirements
- Ensuring that the centralised transport plan is satisfied.
- Ensuring drivers work to the instructions and procedures as detailed in the drivers folder
- Day to day management of drivers
- Liaising and communicating with other departments including maintenance facilities, works and central planning office.
- Good industrial relations are maintained including disciplinary procedures and actions.
- Ensuring that company vehicles are kept in a clean condition inside and out.
- Carry out any required site inductions.
- Following all IMS procedures relating to his/her own work activities
- Ensuring that any customer complaints are recorded and investigated
- Ensuring that all drivers' tachographs are analysed.
- Knowledge of transport legislation
- Ability to manage a team of drivers
- Computer literate preferably with an understanding of COPS & CATS
- Ability to prioritise and make decisions, with discretion
- Good communicator and team player at all levels.
- Flexible and committed approach and the ability to work rotating shifts
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
Shifts: Monday - Friday
Hours: 45 Hours Per Week (must be flexible)