A vacancy has arisen within a world leading manufacturer for a Materials Expeditor working within the materials, planning and logistics departments.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key part of a small, energetic business with big ambitions and plans for growth. The client are looking to recruit an experienced Materials Expeditor to join their already well-established team, based in Derby.
Main Responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Monitor suppliers arrears through SAP
- Discuss arrears with delinquent suppliers and extract agreement on action plans to remedy the situation
- Communicate daily on all action plans and agreed ETA's with planner
- Must be able to use their initiative, able to deal effectively with people in a competitive environment and to achieve results in a timely and cost effective manner.
- The ability to handle a heavy work load through effective planning and prioritisation is essential.
- Must be confident and capable as an individual but also a truly effective team player.
- An ability to thrive in a fast moving materials environment where decision and actions directly affect production. A results driven approach is essential.
The ideal candidate for the Materials Expeditor role should have a good educational background, with experience in materials planning, expediting and working in a high complexity, fast moving manufacturing environment.
Applicants need to be able to demonstrate good inter-personal skills along with the ability to prioritise time and workloads and have good suppliers management skills. Ideally you should possess solid MRP scheduling experience, and have a good working knowledge of various IT applications.
SAP experience is essential
£30,000 - £35,000
8-5 Monday - Thursday
1pm finish on a Friday