Interim Supply Chain Manager
1st Executive are retained by a global FTSE100 organisation, who require an Project Manager to lead key initiatives within consumer products and New Product Development (NPD) supply chain across EMEA. An extremely agile, fantastic company to work for this will be a truly outstanding opportunity for someone with a track record in the management of NPD/NPI & product-focused projects/programs in a fast-paced environment, operating close to a dynamic supply chain vertical.
- The Project Manager is responsible for leading projects on the company priority list including new product developments and support for marketed product initiatives from both the OTC and Non-OTC categories across EMEA.
- This role will lead cross-functional teams to successfully launch products starting from project definition through to introduction into the market.
- The Project Manager is responsible for achieving the targets set during project definition and is accountable for managing risks, time-lines, ensuring processes are followed and managing project communication and escalation.
- You will need to have a strong, pragmatic work ethic, along with an approach that puts the customer as high-priority, and create value for them.
Lead overall project execution and accountable for achieving project goals on time. This includes:
- Project definition
- Project planning
- Assuring operational readiness
- Leading cross functional teams through each phase of the project
- Coordinating all activities to ensure project remains on track
- Monitoring and managing risks and opportunities
- Liaising, agreeing, involving and communicating all aspects of the project with senior management
- 2+ year's experience in FMCG or closely-related industry.
- 2+ year's experience managing cross-functional expertise (R&D, Franchise Marketing, Packaging development, Procurement). Product knowledge is a must have.
- 5 years of Project Management experience
- Ideally the majority of your FMCG supply chain expertise will focus around NPD/NPI verticals.
- Experience with leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of team dynamics
- Broad business acumen with knowledge of project related finance
- Knowledge of planning and organisation
- Experience with new product development processes and terminology
- Project Management Professional (PPM) a plus
- Masters Degree in technical or management field a plus
- Highly effective knowledge of organisational & business acumen. The program will a high level of visibility with upper management / boards, and therefore requires good skills in rhetoric, presentation and cross functional stakeholder management