Purchasing Manager to look after all procurement activity for growing Manufacturing and Production organisation based in the Huddersfield area.
Our client are a well established indepenndent manufacturer of various DIY products, with a growing reputation in the market. They are looking bring in a Purchasing Manager to oversee all direct materials buying, with a view to making savings and rationalising the supply base.
The key responsibilities to the Purchasing Manager role are:
- Managing procurement procedures for the business
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers
- Developing supplier performance
- Engaging with key stakeholders
- Maintainting and updating systems
The Purchasing Manager will have:
- Procurement experience within a manufacturing environment
- Sourced direct materials
- Excellent stakeholder and negotiation skills
- A proven background in cost reductions
- Strong Excel and systems use
- A flexible and committed attitude to work
£35-40k plus bens