You will interpret requirements, build specifications and conduct OJEU tender exercises including evaluation through to award. You will be accustomed to EU regulations and will be a confident stakeholder engager.
The client is a well-known, established public sector organisation.
The successful Category Buyer will be responsible for:
- Managing end to end tender processes from client requirement, building specifications, evaluation and contract award
- Managing relationships with stakeholders and confidently leading dialogue with these stakeholders throughout the procurement process
- Ensure procurement activities are compliant with public procurement legislation and guidance
- Supplier relationship management
- Analyse and review contractual spend
- Proactively engage with supplier base for innovation and influence best practise on procurement processes
The successful Category Buyer will have the following experience:
- Strong experience conducting complex procurement activities in a public sector environment
- Accustomed to supporting OJEU tender processes from specification to award
- Contract management experience
- Engaging and influencing stakeholders
- MCIPS is desirable
In return, you will receive a basic salary of up to £36,000 dep. on skills and experience.