Head of Procurement
5 days left
- Full Time
Head of Procurement & Lead on Non Pay Expenditure required for the NHS Wales Shared Service Partnership
The NHS Wales Shared Service Partnership (NWSSP) is now recruiting for a Head of Local Procurement based at their Mamilhad site near Pontypool.
The NWSSP is responsible for the full Procure to Pay process for all Health Board/Trusts in Wales. Established in April 2011, NWSSP became hosted by Velindre NHS Trust in June 2012. In support to become 'world class' we have undertaken a major restructuring programme to align resources with the strategic direction of the organisation, and are strengthening the local Procurement business teams. This post is a key interface between the Procurement and our customers and represents procurement at all levels.
The post holder will provide vision and leadership in developing and implementing service improvement within the functions, ensuring systems, processes, polices are in place to enable the teams to deliver its objectives. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your procurement career in a dynamic challenging and high profile environment. In addition to the criteria outlined in the specification you should demonstrate how you apply commercial acumen and utilise skills to deliver in the complex changing environment throughout NHS Wales. A resilient personality and track record of delivering creative and innovative solutions are required for success in this role. The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post.
As Head of procurement you will be responsible for the strategic, leadership and operational management of the designated Health Board Local Procurement team, within NWSSP Procurement Services.
Specifically within the designated Health Board, the post holder will responsible for:
- Leading the management of all non-pay expenditure in line with the Leaner and Fitter principles.
- Attend and present to Board Directors on all non-pay expenditure. This will require the highest level of communication and relationship skills in order to prioritise expenditure and identify saving themes for cross functional delivery. This may involve conveying highly contentious information in an atmosphere of proposed major change.
- Deliver and monitor the non-pay savings plan within the designated LHB to reduce its non-pay spend.
- Responsible for leading on non-pay principles with the Clinical Boards /Corporate Departments within the Health Board by taking tactical action to apply good procurement discipline on some "quicker wins"; developing procurement capability across the LHB; spreading procurement best practice principles and improving specific areas of systems/processes that relate to non-pay expenditure with benchmarking
- Investigate other solutions to improve non pay such as Commercial Development, innovation, income generation and other innovative solutions
As Head of Procurement, you will have leadership responsibility for:
- To lead on, the development and delivery of best practice procurement, across the organisation, and may be expected to work at other NWSSP locations.
- Responsible for providing the leadership, strategic direction and management of a range of procurement services functions, staff and other resources within the Shared Services Partnership - Procurement Services team servicing designated Health Board / Trust, whilst influencing and managing the challenges of securing value for money across the organisations non-pay budget.
- To ensure compliance and probity issues are adhered to within these functions.
- To deliver, significant efficiencies by working with key stakeholders on improved supply chain management and the implementation of smart procurement initiatives.
- To develop key relationships with Health Board Directors, their management teams, Consultants and other Clinical leads to ensure that best practice Procurement is adopted throughout the organisation, delivering value via Procurement as a mainstream activity.
- To provide support to the Director of Finance in the delivery of the Health Board / Trust Financial Sustainability programme.
- To support colleagues within NWSSP to provide a strategic vision, for embracing enabling technologies, to assist the function, reducing unnecessary paperwork, and transactions.
- To participate as a member of the Senior Finance & Procurement Management Team in setting overall direction and strategy and act as a role model in support of the organisational culture and values.
- To develop and lead the implementation, development and delivery of the Long Term Procurement Strategy and Operational Plan incorporating measurable objectives for periodic reporting to the Board.
- Support colleagues within various functions across NWSSP Procurement Services leading on delivering collaborative Procurement and other innovations in Procurement across the Health Community.
- Act as a key member of the Health Board / Trusts Financial Sustainability groups, establish a strong sense of expertise, direction and priority for the Health Board / Trusts procurement, activities, particularly where changes or improvements will increase quality and saving, or reduce wastage and exposure to risk.
- Be the recognised Procurement lead and source of information for Health Board / Trust stakeholders/influencers and promote the department as a responsive, leading-edge service provider, communicating with key users in order to ensure a fully supported and integrated supply chain.
- Regularly required to undertake research in order to benchmark best practice against other public and private sector organisations and to participate in key external procurement forums.
- Responsible for analysing performance within the local procurement team in relation to performance targets and strategic objectives.
A full job specification is available upon request, so please get in touch to discuss further. The benefits provided are outlined on the previous page entitled 'working for us'.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Apply for Head of Procurement
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly