Specialist transport business requires an experienced Transport Manager to take responsibility of operational planning, compliance and quoting. Due to substantial growth the Transport Manager will also take a lead role in developing business with existing customers and generating new business.
Our client is a specialist transport provider that is experiencing substantial growth.
- Responsible for all compliance, route planning and quoting
- Lead and manage a team of direct reports and contractors
- Monitor staff time keeping, performance and productivity, ensuring any issues are resolved
- Ensure all legislative requirements are adhered to around maintenance, tachographs and licensing laws and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure full driver debriefs are undertaken and all paperwork submitted it completed correctly
- Ensure all work deliverables are accurate, on time and using the correct reporting procedure
- Develop good working relationships with clients, ensuring good working relations. Contract Specific instructions to be recorded in writing
- To increase business with existing customers & develop business with new customers
- Monitor, review and assist in the compilation of Risk Assessments or Method Statements
The successful candidate will have a strong background in Transport Management and have expert knowledge of DSA requirements concerning maintenance and tachograph legislation. The ideal candidate will have strong customer engagement and people management skills and must have experience of route planning and quoting. International CPC required.
An excellent opportunity to join a growing company operating in an exciting sector of the market. This role offers a real opportunity to take full ownership of the company's transport department to help drive further growth and success.