Graduate Warehouse Team Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Graduate Warehouse Team Manager required for a leading 3PL based in the South Yorkshire area. Excellent opportunity for development and progression.
Leading 3PL based in the South Yorkshire area.
As Graduate Warehouse Team Manager you will contribute to the success of the site by supporting the day-to-day running within the warehouse, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained,
Duties will include:
- To assist the Shift Manager in the day to day running of the operation
- To assist the Shift Manager in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse.
- Scheduling and supervising the activities and the functions of the warehouse staff
- Ensuring the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities.
- To ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
- To keep and maintain records of team performance against plans and to advise the Shift Manager of factors that may disrupt operations which cannot be resolved by the team.
- To assist in the organisation of training and development for warehouse staff, including on-the-job coaching, and to evaluate training effectiveness in terms of improved individual and team performance and the maximum flexibility of team members.
- To review with the Shift Manager and individual member's opportunities for improving work methods and practices on a continuous basis.
- To offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance, including behavioural issues and highlighting good performance and areas for further development.
- To assist the Shift Manager in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence and take appropriate action to ensure cover, as necessary, and manage reductions of unacceptable levels.
- To participate as an active member of the management team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, customer and quality focus and team working.
To be considered for the role of Graduate Warehouse Team Manager you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Flexibility within the role to be able to cover a variety of areas within the warehouse.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
- Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
- Able to demonstrate an in depth knowledge of on-site systems.
- Administration of Kronos system for all warehouse staff.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- PC Literate in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns.
- Ability to efficiently lead a team, delegate, supervise functions and keep staff motivated.
- Should have good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and a knack to problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal, conciliation skills and the capacity to network with suppliers and customers.
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £25,000.