Interim Purchasing Manager - Food & Packaging
6 days left
- Full Time
This role will allow you to use your procurement knowledge, along with your stakeholder management skills to develop a whole procurement function, whilst managing a team of buyers across Europe. The role will be to lead the strategic procurement across Ingredients, Chemicals. Packaging and CAPEX.
They have created an environment where passion thrives, this business encourages autonomous working and those that are willing to work hard, always prosper.
Their global reach spans more than 40 countries, with nine manufacturing sites in five countries. Their brands are leaders in their respective markets and are one of the UK's most well known and established businesses in the UK, with some of the UK's leading food products that you will recognise on the shelves of every supermarket
- Strategically deliver the whole end to end procurement function across ingredients, packaging and indirect procurement.
- Work closely with suppliers, negotiate on major contracts, as well as having strong inter personal skills that can be carried into your day to day work with stakeholders.
- Manage a team of buyers across Europe.
- Responsible for effective implementation of agreed ranges, services & products
- Develop the strategy & long range income growth plan for all categories. - Using continuous improvement tools and processes to effectively drive sustainable business growth opportunities and maximise the overall commercial value from through the category development process.
- Developing and presenting market-competitive category management strategies covering the key sub-categories and commodity groups
Responsible for day to day supplier relationships are maximised through conducting business reviews in line with supplier positioning and responsible for owning overall relationship.
- Delivery within packaging and food ingredients procurement
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Results driven, combined with positive attitude, high level of energy, passion and enthusiasm
- Experience managing teams
- Ability to build long term relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- CIPS Qualified
Language skills would be useful
£300-400 per day