My client is a leading distribution business and they are in the process of building a brand new site. For this reason they are looking for a Warehouse Manager to head up that operation.
My client is a leading distribution business and they are in the process of building a brand new site in Warwickshire.
The company has seen significant growth and for this reason have decided to invest in their Warehouse and Logistics operations. The business are a global brand and offer distribute large consignments of bespoke products.
The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Manage direct reports and the shop floor team by communicating direction, increasing motivation levels and assisting with carrying out recruitment, induction, training and development of the team as required.
- Create and maintain K.P.I. Reports relating to put away, picking, stock accuracy, OTIF and internal costs.
- Ensure all inbound finished goods items are received and put away into the warehouse in a timely and accurate fashion organised by the Despatch Team Leaders and Process Leader to organise priorities.
- Ensure pick and shipping accuracy targets are exceeded.
- Co-ordinate daily shipments with the Despatch Team Leader, global sales teams and carriers to achieve timely, effective shipments, fulfilling daily outstanding lists for complete shipments to our end users.
- Carry out regular cycle counts; ensuring stock rotation is maintained. Reporting discrepancies and resolving issues after investigation to ensure stock accuracy.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Approx 5 years in a similar role Background in warehouse operations management within an FMCG warehouse operation.
- Degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management an advantage Experience across all areas of order processing and warehouse operations, inbound, replenishment, picking and despatch.
- Be a natural leader with the ability to engage, inspire and drive cultural change.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- A confident user of IT and warehouse management systems.
- Ability to lead and motivate medium size teams (50+)
- Good level of Microsoft and Excel skills.
- Positive hands on approach with the ability to multi task.
- A proven hard work ethic and a can do attitude.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving.
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits.