Procurement Contract Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
A newly created Procurement Contract Manager position to work in central Reading.
Your new company
A leading organisation within there industry who is located in central Reading is looking for a Procurement Contracts Manager.
Your new role
- Manage the ongoing relationship between the organisation and the contracted suppliers.
- Maintain formal governance of contracts.
- Work with the senior operational leaders, to ensure suppliers are delivering the operational benefits set out in the supplier contract.
- Where necessary undertake oversee procurement's for the supply of goods, services and works for the organisation.
- Work with the legal team to prepare standardised NDAs, ITTs, framework agreements, sub-contract agreements, non-standard agreements.
- Preparation of Contract management and renewal (including resolution of contractual and commercial issues).
- Advise on any contractual disputes that may occur during life of supplier contracts.
- Manage the suppliers to identify what data is required in order to monitor actual performance against agreed KPIs.
- Identify and implement any opportunities for improvement over the life of the contract, as appropriate to each contract.
- Act as the main contact between the organisation and the suppliers.
- Resolve any commercial issues as required.
- Prepare a plan to carry out the cycle of work required to renew, renegotiate and/or re-let contracts periodically.
- Identify opportunities to rationalise the supplier base and/or consolidate contracts
- Manage any requirements to vary contracts.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve acceptable T&C's, avoiding unnecessarily onerous provisions and consider the overall costs of administering and supporting the contract.
- Prepare the final contract document and obtaining the necessary sign-offs.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Relevant Contract Management/Procurement experience.
- Degree in a commercial/finance subject desirable.
- Commercial contract law knowledge.
- Strong negotiation, influencing & interpersonal skills.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong data analysis ability.
- IT literate.
- Effective time management
- Able to prioritise tasks and work to tight timelines.
- Able to work well both independently and within a team.
- Experience of managing a small team an advantage
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work for a very well known and established organisation within there industry to work within the procurement department in a newly created role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Contract Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly