6 days left
- Full Time
To manage and support the transport operation which ensures the integrity of my clients customers and their service requirements, whilst managing the commercial aspects of a transport operation which meets legal compliance, profit, service and quality targets ensuring goods reach their destinations safely, on time and in the most cost effective way whilst maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety.
My client is a family owned business, with a unique set of values and a long term vision, they are able to offer a variety of services, often assisting business growth for their clients, that is linked to exceptional service.
The successful transport manager will cover the following responsibilities:
* Allocating and managing staff resources according to changing needs of the operation with the ability to provide adequate cover at a planning level;
* Ensure effective and efficient use of driver and vehicle resources.
* Ensuring customer requirements are administered in a timely, controlled and recorded manner within the transport operation.
* Consider the operational movements in the context of the network and seek opportunities to reduce empty running and improve efficiency.
* Complete periodic reviews of the delivery schedule in line with all customers strategic changes.
* Ensure all fleet assets are serviced and make sure they have MOT in line with requirements and all paperwork and systems updated in a timely manner.
* Develop business by gaining new contracts, analysing logistical problems and producing new solutions.
* Analysing data to monitor performance and plan improvements.
* Promote effective and efficient standards of work, in order to comply with UK and EU laws and regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
* Uphold highest standards of Health & Safety ensuring all inductions and regular training is completed and logged.
* Ensure the transport planning operations are in line with budgeted costs and achieve all contractual KPI's
* Preparing and submitting various KPI reports.
* Be proactive in achieving improved fuel efficiency and better MPG.
* Manage tachograph infringements to full compliance.
* Ensure all aspects of maintenance (tyre checks, servicing, MOT etc.,) is compliant to the maintenance manual and the law.
* Complete accident reports and be able to update risk assessments, contributing to a positive safety culture.
* Support the personal development of all people employed on the contract. Carry out performance reviews with the operational management team identifying training needs.
* Create an effective working environment building a diverse, well balanced team.
* To ensure all sub-contractors and suppliers are authorised and provide the most cost effective operational solution.
* Create a positive working environment with a culture of continuous improvement and exceeding customer expectations by supporting with CI and new business wins outside prime work location.
* Manage and develop new business.
* Investigate all personal and vehicle accidents in line with Company procedures.
* Be responsible for driver recruitment, training and retention.
The Successful candidate will be a strong leader with the ability to work with a hands on approach.
A National CPC is an essential requirement for this position
- A competitive salary
- The chance to progress within an established and well respected business