To control and supervise Company transport operations and transport personnel and where necessary warehouse staff to a standard that satisfies company quality expectations. To follow the procedures documented or briefed to ensure operations are completed. To adhere to statutory and Company requirements for the Health & Safety of yourself and your co-workers.
My client is a well recognised Logistics service provider with a number of sites across the UK. The Transport Supervisor will be based permanently in the Liverpool area.
The role of the Transport Supervisor:
- Manage the day to day operation of the Depot transport function.
- Liaise with other Depots within the Company network to ensure operations are satisfactorily completed.
- Liaise with Warehouse to ensure that warehouse operations are complete for loading.
- Action computerised vehicle scheduling to ensure optimum effectiveness and completion of customer requirements and service levels.
- Ensure driver brief and debrief is completed to Company quality requirements.
- Ensure all statutory and legal requirements in regard of Driver's hours and tachograph regulations are met.
- Carry out administration tasks as required to meet the needs of KPI reporting, personnel management and statutory duties.
- Deal with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that vehicles required for service are presented when scheduled or requested.
The successful Transport Supervisor will have:
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Competent in the use of Microsoft packages
- Previous traffic office experience
- Good geographical knowledge both locally and nationally
- Flexible in approach and able to work a rotating shift pattern
- Sound Knowledge of current transport legislation
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 + Shift Allowance
Hours: TO BE CONSIDERED but a high degree of flexibility is required. Evening work and weekends is expected.