Interim Transport Clerk
Our client - a Global 3PL with a reputation for large corporate contracts has engaged us to support them in their search for an Interim Transport Clerk. With volumes increasing dramatically through the site it provides an exciting opportunity for an immediately available candidate to build their profile and gain valuable experience working with an industry-leading business.
Our client is a Global 3PL with a highly successful business model involving domestic contract logistics and global freight movement within air, sea and road.
The role is on behalf of a 3PL but based on the customer site, the role involves:
- Supporting the customer planning team in the day-to-day running of the operation.
- Completing ad-hoc tasks.
- Point of escalation for queries - to handle and escalate respectively.
- Carry out documentation and administration for the transport on a daily basis.
To be considered for this role applicants must have had experience within a transport function for a period of at least a year and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how domestic and/or international road-transport works.
- Have the ability to carry out transport administration and documentation.
- Have experience in Transport Administration/Transport Planning/Transport Supervision.
- Multi-lingual is not essential although due to the customer base would be seen as a positive.
Our client is offering an immediate start for between £13 and £14 per hour for a period of 2-3 months.