Our client is looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager for their operation based in Surrey.
Our client is one of the market leader's within their logistics specialism.
Our client is looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their fast paced and growing Distribution Team in the Surrey area. Reporting directly to the Distribution Centre Manager, you will hold full P&L accountability for all shift activity which includes responsibility for budgetary cost control, KPI target setting and measurement and resource management of both people and plant utilised within the operation.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with Supervisors and other Management to ensure targets are identified and act as a point of reference for operational problems.
- Ensuring that you and your team operate in accordance with company policy, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Developing a highly motivated team of Supervisors by encouragement and promotion of open communication.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety Legal requirements are met and adhered to.
- Ensuring all Supervisors conduct disciplinary meetings where necessary to prevent failure of an employee to reach required standards or KPI targets.
- Actively supporting and communicating issues relating to operational performance , Health and Safety, Colleague Liaison Boards and deputise for the Distribution Centre Manager on occasions.
- Assisting in the recruitment and training of new staff.
The successful Warehouse Manager will live within a commuting distance of the Surrey area and be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- Have a demonstrable warehousing management background within an FMCG environment.
- Confidence in leading a team and setting daily achievement targets.
- Examples of where you have provided Supervisor training/development and driven Health & Safety.
- The ability to regularly report on all aspects of the operation including finance and KPI's.
- Experience in planning and controlling weekly labour requirements.
- Ability to monitor and control warehouse department expenditure.
A competitive basic salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate.