d the delivery of effective utility management services for our legacy estate and our new Regional Centres. The key areas of accountability are:
- HMRC utility management strategy, with specific regard to energy and water targets that contribute to our wider Sustainable Estate greenhouse gas and water reduction objectives.Experience in utilities such as gas, water and electric is essential
Your new company Is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority, and they have a vital purpose to collect the money that pays for the UK's public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Your new role
To provide the HMRC lead on all aspects of utility management
Working in Support Services the post holder will lea
- HMRC utility management controls, including standards, systems and governance to continually reduce our consumption, emissions and costs.
- Compliance with energy, water and emissions legislation and other mandated obligations.
- Procuring utilities, and Carbon credits
- Developing and maintaining utility management policies.
- Developing, coordinating and implementing strategies to continually reduce our energy, water and emissions.
- Specify utility and emissions information requirements and management information
- Identifying legal compliance requirements and other mandated obligations.
- Keep up to date with energy, water and emissions legislation, and other mandated compliance obligations
- Developing compliance plans including controls to be maintained, responsibilities and due dates.
- Implementing and maintaining management controls to the ISO 50001 energy standard, and integrate in to our wider Estates ISO 14001 environmental management system.
- Carbon credits
Procuring, Budgeting, Paying & Investing:
- Liaising with Crown Commercial Services to access utility supply frameworks.
- Establishing annual utility and emissions budgets and tracking actual versus forecast spend.
- Paying our utility and emissions invoices.
- Identifying and managing any contingent liabilities.
- Working with Finance colleagues on improving capital investment procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- Higher national diploma or degree in energy management (or relevant qualification in environmental management, engineering, carbon management and facilities management)
- Member of the Energy Managers Association or the Energy Institute.
What you need to do now
if you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.