Commercial Category Manager
Harrow Council now have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Category Manager – Community, Health & Wellbeing to join the Resources & Commercial, Shared Service – Commercial, Contracts & Procurement team.
Procurement excellence over the last three years has had accelerated growth at Harrow Council and this has been recognised by us being awarded CIPS Corporate Certification in 2016, the first public authority in London to do so. Also in 2016, Harrow Council entered into a shared procurement service with the London Borough of Brent and the Brent Housing Partnership as well as entering into numerous commercial arrangements with other public sector organisations.
We are consequently embarking on the next wave of procurement and commercial growth to ensure a first class procurement service across the shared service that is compliant, smart and solution driven, delivering savings, embedding social value into procurements to support local communities and providing excellence in contract management.
We are therefore looking for experienced, ambitious procurement professionals who have drive and energy and are not afraid of a challenge, to join us.
The HuB Public Procurement Service commenced on the 1st September 2016 bringing together the procurement teams from three different organisations to create a high performing shared service with expert knowledge, skills and resource.
- Reporting into the Head of Procurement the post holder will focus on partnering and collaborative working.
- The post holder will be responsible for planning, managing and co-ordinating the procurement programme for Community, Health & Wellbeing including the categories of Adult Social Care, Public Health and Cultural Services.
- The postholder will manage a small team of officers and will be tasked with the delivery of a category specific multi million pound annual procurement programme.
- In addition the post-holder will have very close engagement with customers and stakeholders across the shared service to engage influence and professionally support clients to deliver maximum benefit.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Up to date and expert knowledge of category specific legislation and understanding their impact for both the category and the Council.
- Excellent understanding of the legislative and regulatory framework which applies to procurement within the Public Sector in producing tenders and contracts.
- Experience of procuring complex and business critical contracts and services within this category in a public and/or private sector environment.
- Experience of project managing end to end procurement processes that are of high risk and high value.
- Experience of successful implementation and involvement in category management
- Able to evaluate suppliers and tenders from the analysis and interpretation of written, financial, numerical and contractual information.
The role is part of a procurement shared service and will require the post holder to support procurement across Harrow and Brent Council. The post holder will be based in Harrow but will spend time at both locations as required.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
In return you will receive a salary of £43,800 - £50,106 depending on experience.
For further details on this opportunity and to apply please refer to the job advertisement on the Harrow Council External Careers site by clicking on 'Apply' below.
Application Deadline: 4th September 2017
Interviews will be Conducted: W/C 18th September 2017
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION