Head of Commercial
Head of Commercial
This leading Public Sector organisation is creating a new Commercial and Procurement department with the aims of ensuring the procurement function and processes within the organisation are fit for purpose; and for developing and implementing effective strategies and operational policies for promoting innovation in procurement in an organisation that shares out more than £100 billion in funds across England. Reporting into the Director of Financial Control this crucial role is responsible for the development and day to day management of the organisations Commercial function The commercial function has a Commercial expenditure of a minimum of £500m per annum and this role has 5 direct reports but circa 50 indirect reports.
- To be wholly responsible for ensuring that the Commercial function is recognised as the centre of excellence for all Commercial and Procurement activity across the organisation .
- Building and developing strong relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation;
- Ensuring the Commercial and Procurement strategy is formulated, understood by all stakeholders and is delivered utilising all available resources efficiently and effectively.
- Driving reform and support organisational change and uptake of initiatives that support excellence;
- Take ultimate responsibility for ensuring that all Commercial activity across the organisation and ensuring that the department provides best value and conforms to all relevant legislation and controls
To succeed, you will be MCIPS qualified with significant experience in managing large commercial and procurement teams within a complex organisation. You will have an excellent track record in leading Commercial principles, processes and practices including robust and thorough category management implementation, specifically in the Public Sector.
Apply for Head of Commercial
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly