Commercial Category Officer
Are you looking for the next challenge in your procurement career? Come and join the HuB Procurement Shared Service.
Harrow Council now has a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Category Officer.
Procurement excellence over the last three years has had accelerated growth at Harrow Council and this has been recognised by us being awarded CIPS Corporate Certification in 2016, the first public authority in London to do so. Also in 2016, Harrow Council entered into a shared procurement service with the London Borough of Brent and the Brent Housing Partnership as well as entering into numerous commercial arrangements with other public sector organisations.
We are consequently embarking on the next wave of procurement and commercial growth to ensure a first class procurement service across the shared service that is compliant, smart and solution driven, delivering savings, embedding social value into procurements to support local communities and providing excellence in contract management.
We are therefore looking for experienced, ambitious procurement professionals who have drive and energy and are not afraid of a challenge, to join us.
The Commercial Category Officer will report into the Commercial Category Manager and will lead, shape and steer the delivery of procurement projects.
The post-holder will take a ’hands on’ approach to tendering from project initiation through to contract award and implementation, and be responsible for ensuring all tendering and procurement associated activity including extensions of contracts are conducted compliantly and with procurement regulations, contract standing orders and procurement best practice.
The post-holder will deliver key procurement agendas such as savings, efficiencies and social value from works, goods and services while ensuring appropriate levels of quality.
In addition the post-holder will work closely with the Commercial Category Manager to deliver complex procurements.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
- Experience of delivering expert support and advice and project managing a range of tendering projects in a local government environment.
- Experience of supporting commercial aspects of procurement like income generation and negotiation.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following categories:
Adult Social Care
Children’s Social Care
Regenerations and Housing
- A Degree in a commercial discipline or working towards Full Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS).
- A ‘Can do’ attitude - able to work positively in a team environment, develop effective partnerships and jointly work with both with internal and external stakeholder to deliver positive solutions.
- Understands the requirements to deliver a high level of customer care in the provision of support to the Shared Service
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver procurement projects and programmes demonstrating a clear vision which can be translated into effective procurement action and delivery.
- Able to evaluate supplier and tendering information from the analysis and interpretation of written, financial and numerical information.
There are 5 positions available and the role is based in Harrow.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station, there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
The role(s) are all part of a procurement shared service and will require the post holder of each role to support procurement across Harrow and Brent Council. The post holder(s) will be based in Harrow but will spend time at both locations as required.
In return you will receive a salary of - £39,687pa.
If you have read the role profile and would like to know more about the role, please click 'Apply' below
Application Deadline: 4th September 2017
Interviews will be Conducted: W/C 18th September 2017
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION