Are you looking for the next challenge in your procurement career? Come and join the HuB Procurement Shared Service.
Harrow Council now has a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Analyst.
Procurement excellence over the last three years has had accelerated growth at Harrow Council and this has been recognised by us being awarded CIPS Corporate Certification in 2016, the first public authority in London to do so. Also in 2016, Harrow Council entered into a shared procurement service with the London Borough of Brent and the Brent Housing Partnership as well as entering into numerous commercial arrangements with other public sector organisations.
We are consequently embarking on the next wave of procurement and commercial growth to ensure a first class procurement service across the shared service that is compliant, smart and solution driven, delivering savings, embedding social value into procurements to support local communities and providing excellence in contract management.
We are therefore looking for experienced, ambitious procurement professionals who have drive and energy and are not afraid of a challenge, to join us.
The HuB Public Procurement Service commenced on the 1st September 2016 bringing together the procurement teams from three different organisations to create a high performing shared service with expert knowledge, skills and resource.
The Resources & Commercial, HuB Public Procurement Service Commercial Contracts & Procurement team have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement Analyst to join their team.
The post holder will report into the Head of Procurement and provide expert analytical support to the team from various sources of information.
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring statistical and other management information on the Council’s procurement systems are maintained to produce accurate reports on contracts and spend by categories.
To be successful in this role you would need to have the below skills & experience:
• Knowledge of the legislative and regulatory framework which applies to procurement within the Public Sector.
• Experience of working with Oracle and/or SAP
• Ability to provide excellent customer care service to internal and external customers
• Able to present data and trends through graphs, charts and power point presentation
• Ability to identify service weaknesses to establish and manage the necessary change to raise standards and to work closely with technical colleagues and user groups to ensure performance and technical compliance within tenders.
• Well-developed information technology skills – spreadsheet, word processing, database, presentation, internet etc. and other applications.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough by area and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
In return you will receive a salary of £27,186 – £29,229 depending on experience.
Application Deadline: 4th September 2017
Interviews will be Conducted: W/C 18th September 2017
HARROW REDEPLOYEES WILL BE GIVEN PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
If you have read the role profile and would like to know more about the role, please click on 'Apply' below