To assist the sourcing leads by providing best value options in the purchase to pay process. Converting requisitions to purchase orders ensuring continuity of supply to the manufacturing operation and supporting service function.
The client who I am recruiting for are a fully-integrated steel manufacturer and distributor with capabilities ranging from liquid steel production through to high value precision-engineered products, sold around the globe.
As the Sourcing Assistant you will have the following accountability's.
- Request obtain and analyse quotations for requires foods and services
- Work with internal stakeholders across the business to define scope of work for externally sourced goods and services
- Prepare, issue and maintain purchase orders in line with delegated authority levels.
- Support the procurement team in undertaking due diligence of suppliers, ensuring new suppliers are registered on the supplier database following the vendor qualification process and assisting in the development and maintenance of the database to strengthen the procurement process
- Assist in the management of supplier and internal stakeholder quires, specifically invoice and finance related issues within agreed timescales
- Support sourcing lead and category manager in collating reports on supplier analysis performance and internal management reporting including key procurement KPI's
- Building maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up a professional level of communication
- Identity and monitor procurement opportunities across the business to assist in the development of a long term approach to procurement in order to deliver savings, efficiency, value for money, quality standard and targets
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures at all times
The successful candidate for the Sourcing Assistant role will ideally have some of the following key skills and qualities.
- Previous experience of working in a procurement role, preferably within an industrial, engineering or manufacturing environment
- Experience in supply chain roles
- Ability to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Analytic, numerate with good problem solving abilities and strong IT skills
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets
£22,000 - £25,000