Scape Group is a public sector organisation, dedicated to the creation of efficiency and stimulation of local economic growth and social value via the built environment. Innovation for our clients and collaboration with the construction industry and our supply chain are at the heart of what we do.
The Procurement Manager is an exciting new role supporting the group in our vision to enhance and maximise public sector procurement. This is a great time to join our growing business and make a significant impact and contribution.
- Manage, develop and improve all relevant procurement activity
- Support the Head of Procurement and Audit in developing and maintaining appropriate procurement strategies for construction projects
- Support the governance of contracts and agreements for the company, establishing policies and protocols for the good management and organisation of all Scape contracts and agreements.
- Manage the development and determination of client’s needs and requirements to ensure that Scape’s products and services are focused and in demand.
- Implement good practices and procedures to improve the performance of the Procurement team
- Work with multidisciplinary teams comprising commercial, legal, financial, construction professional and other specialists (as required) to deliver robust procurement outcomes.
- Provide reports and updates to ensure the Board and Senior Management are informed of progress against targets set out in the business plan.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience of successfully managing procurement projects and programmes of work and providing procurement advice for construction services
- A thorough understanding of construction procurement supported by an appreciation of the built environment and the design and construction process.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends within Local Government and the wider public sector including those related to the Governments’ construction strategy
- Commercial judgement supported by business skills in financial control on contracts and agreements.
- Excellent inter personal skills and ability to motivate and influence clients and associated stakeholders
- Ability to be innovative and creative in the development of procurement processes and procedures with excellent use of ICT and e-tendering software
- Degree level or equivalent relevant experience in a related discipline
In return we can offer you:
- An excellent pay package which includes car allowance, BUPA Healthcare, an annual bonus based on company performance, membership of Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, in addition to 8 days’ statutory bank holiday entitlement
- An exceptional working environment and a friendly welcome to the team.
- Flexible working hours and policies to support your work/life balance
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a covering letter via follow the link below by Monday 21 August 2017. For further information about Scape, please visit our website www.scapegroup.co.uk