Our client requires a seasoned Operations Manager to ensure the safe and efficient running of operations within a key DC for the business. The Operations Manager should be an effective communicator and lead a people first culture to ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client is a leading FMCG business with a nationwide distribution network that supplies hundreds of well known, independent retailers every month.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient running of the operations within the DC, leading a people first culture to ensure business objectives are achieved. Further responsibilities include:
- Monitoring and reporting on operational cost performance, picking workloads, space utilisation, customer SLAs and OTIF metrics
- Managing Health & Safety procedures, proactively developing Health & safety improvements and generating Health & Safety culture
- Assist and deputise for the DC Manager in his/her absence complying with the company policies and procedures to cover all aspects of operation duties
- Plan and utilise the DC to maximise efficiency and availability
- Implementing and leading DC improvement projects working in conjunction with the CI Manager and other DC Managers
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are in place, adhered to and evolved to maintain standards at all times
- Develop, train and engage colleagues to their maximum potential by setting SMART objectives and succession planning
The successful operations manager will have:
- Extensive experience in warehouse management and transport operations
- Excellent people management skills, communication skills and leadership qualities
- Health & Safety trained and focused (IOSH or Nebosh essential)
- Good knowledge of Warehouse Management/Business/IT systems
- Able to work under pressure handling several key tasks at once and prioritising as necessary
- Education to degree level or equivalent industry qualifications or be qualified by experience
This role represents an exciting opportunity to work with one of the UK's leading FMCG companies in a key position within the business. As Operations Manager working out of a critical DC there are real prospects to make a difference, drive the business forward and progress within the organisation. Competitive salary and benefits package on offer.