Interim IT Contracts Manager
1st Executive are retained by a Central Government Organisation, who are seeking an experienced IT Commercial Contracts Manager to take the initiative on a number of new and existing IT projects. You will require a proven track record in post-contract award management and managing supplier relationships. Also ideally you will have a law degree or a strong legal background.
The role is responsible for managing complex supplier contracts to deliver in accordance with requirements through contractual mechanism during the current phase of program which included design development and transition to service delivery. This includes dealing with delays (including dealing with commercial consequences) and managing and drafting change notices for changes in requirements and managing the supplier relationship to achieve program success.
- Implementing best practice approach to contract management, aligned with organisation principles and Contract Management guidelines, in a resilient and consistent manner to monitor and manage supplier performance. Ensure compliance to EU procurement law, Government Accounting and commercial best practice. Apply outcomes from internal audit reviews.
- Develop strategies for dealing with the supplier contracts to ensure delivery of the service requirements (during the current design build and transition period) at the standards, performance and cost as agreed in the contract, and provide clarity on commercial dependencies and obligations on all parties.
- Be accountable for all contract changes including drafting and reviewing Change Notices, ensuring that change management processes are followed and that the commercial consequences of change are properly controlled.
- Identify and mitigate program risk including delay and commercial consequences ensuring that significant risks are escalated senior management.
- Provide expert commercial advice that draws on supplier contract knowledge commercial experience.
- Lead on contract management and contract change negotiations with the Supplier.
- Monitor contractl performance against the implementation plan including initiating corrective action where performance deviates from plan.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience of managing public sector contracts for supply of large and complex services (IT/Telecom background would be beneficial).
- Excellent grasp of commercial principles to utilise for good contract management gained through detailed understanding of complex supplier contracts.
- Commercially astute with strong negotiation skills.
Legal qualifications or excellent ability to understand and use complex supplier contracts.
Apply for Interim IT Contracts Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly