Joining a successful FMCG company based in Kent the Purchasing Manager will be responsible for developing the existing Purchasing and Procurement department to streamline processes, reduce stock holding, obtain cost savings and add further value to the company.
Our client are Kent based manufacturers who supply to a variety of different customers both retail and commercial.
The Purchasing Manager will have the below responsibilities:
- Improve effectiveness of the procurement and purchasing department
- Reduce expenses and obtain cost savings
- Outline and implement the procurement and purchasing strategy
- Review supplier development and initiate performance improvements
- Negotiate contracts and SLAs
- Forecast demand levels for products
- Manage and coach team members
- Lead cross-functional projects
The successful Purchasing Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to communicate, collaborate and negotiate both internally and externally
- Ability to manage stock and associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently and in line with budget.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability.
- Management, support and professional development of team members to enhance their performance.
- High degree of commercial awareness, demonstrated through experiences and knowledge of purchasing
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office, in particular MS Excel, working knowledge of ERP systems
Annual salary £40,000-£50,000