IT Category Manager
Market leading Travel & Tourism organisation actively seeking experienced IT Category Manager to drive strategy, deliver best practice procurement and maximise efficiency.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a progressive, forward thinking blue chip; so if you have proven IT/ Digital Platforms Category procurement expertise & the ambition to deliver real value then we want to hear from you. You will be responsible for the development and ownership of the portfolio’s strategy within the IT Category in line with internal stakeholder and Indirect Procurement Directors requirements. This includes end to end strategic procurement implementation and delivery; identifying and delivering synergies/P&L benefits group wide; the negotiation, draft and review of contracts for goods/services within assigned categories; maximizing cost reduction, and; full stakeholder/supplier relationship management. If you are seeking to establish yourself with a genuine market leader offering substantive scope to deliver, career progression and travel opportunities this could be a great opportunity.
You will have:
- Proven, substantive experience in Strategic IT procurement
- Keen understanding of IT contracting
- Tech savvy and at ease with concepts such as Cloud, SaaS, Big Data
- Excellent Negotiation and Strategic Sourcing ability
- Understanding of Cultural Differences and ability to cultivate win/win solutions
- Ability to lead, prioritise and manage complex projects and sourcing activities under pressure (project/programme management skills)
- Able to provide briefs, updates and reports for senior management reviews within an international environment
- Ability to manage and analyse complex data under pressure
- Strong and proven contracting ability
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office IT packages - (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as advanced research and analytical skills
- Demonstrable record in use of eSourcing systems and understanding of their implication
- Demonstrable record in Outsourcing methodologies and strong understanding of employment related issues when Outsourcing
- Commercially agile
- Willingness to travel out of the UK regularly
- Degree/MCIPS preferred
To register your interest in this, or any other opportunities please forward your full CV, stating your location and current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on 01423 520080 for a confidential conversation.
GPA Procurement (UK) Ltd (GPA) acts as an employment business and an employment agency. GPA is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.