SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Supply Chain – Complex Capital Equipment Manufacturing
Established over 50 years ago, this highly successful, profitable and growing SME designs, manufactures and supplies high value equipment to UK and international customers in the commercial packaging and label markets. Forecast growth in both partnership and brand products prompts the need for additional strength in procurement and supply chain experience in order to secure the improvement of the delivery and quality of finished products and spare parts.
- Reporting to the Operations Director and leading a team of six direct reports, you will bring the professional skills to deliver sustained improvement in end to end supply chain and procurement processes.
- To identify and implement improvements in the efficient provision of parts to assembly operations and to manage MRP (Syspro), inventory control, warehousing and receiving.
- To monitor and improve supplier performance, streamline inventories, reduce waste and optimise customer service.
- To collaborate with other functions e.g. Engineering and Quality Assurance to identify and qualify new suppliers.
- To assess existing procurement arrangements and tactical purchasing whilst exploiting all opportunities to reduce costs.
- Of graduate calibre and probably CIPS qualified, candidates must be able to demonstrate the successful implementation of modern best practice in supply chain management. Experience of the batch manufacture of complex, high value capital equipment is essential.
- With proven leadership experience, strong applicants will be self-motivated and must have proven experience in establishing and/or improving end to end supply chain systems.
- First-hand experience of negotiating and implementing strategic supply chain contracts with key suppliers, including overhead spend, is essential.
- An aptitude for modern procurement processes as well as scheduling, optimising and monitoring supply chain are key attributes.
- This opportunity is particularly suited to an ambitious supply chain professional looking for a leadership role in a highly successful and growing company.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV, quoting Ref. No. EM2517 and details of your current/most recent package to: Angus Keiller at CFR UK, Church House, 3 Church Walk, Newark, Notts. NG24 1JS. Email via the apply button.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Production & Operations jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Production & Operations jobs in Buying
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Production & Operations jobs in Contracts
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Production & Operations jobs in Logistics
- £50,000 - £59,999 Specialist Production & Operations jobs in Operations