An exciting opportunity has arisen for our client based in Grimsby. This position of Buyer will be responsible for developing key relationships with producers and suppliers around the world in a consumer market.
Our client are a forward thinking organisation who, due to growth, are expanding their team. The successful applicant for this role of Buyer will enjoy career progression and development due to the business being awarded an investors in people accreditation.
This role of Buyer will have the following responsibilities:
- To develop & execute a buying strategy in conjunction with the Procurement Director across functional teams and co-ordinate a commercial model (Inc. Operations / Supply Chain & Commercial which will drive the procurement buying cycle.
- To ensure that the end to end suppliers meet our business needs and technical raw material specifications, quality, service & cost management performance.
- Key responsibilities of this role are to manage and deliver cost effective supply chains, review business risk and develop supply chain contingency plans across multi-country and specification formats.
- This role requires the right individual to manage key business relationships with producers and suppliers around the world.
- Supply chain management of food contracts across the business - taking the lead on communicating schedules, interacting with suppliers and the chilled manufacturing units to ensure efficient supply = on time, in full.
- Support In-bound supply chains of food, linking the Manufacturing Units supply chain teams.
- Raw Material specification control & management.
- Co-ordinate price quotes, tenders, samples for NPD and promotional calendar events with internal & external stakeholders.
- Financial forecasting of raw materials costs by specification by supplier
- To assist with contract management - compliant suppliers.
Ideally the successful candidate for this role of Buyer will have:
- A track record of controlling budgets
- Examples of Quality, Service & Cost Management performance
- Good examples of cost savings
- Some exposure to contract management
- Supplier relationship management achievements
- Formal education (desirable)
£28000-£35000 - Career Progression / Benefits