This is the most senior procurement role in the business managing a team of 6 buyers. The role requires solid knowledge of engineering processes, cost engineering, creating global procurement strategy and coaching the procurement team.
Our client are a leading manufacturing business in their industry. It is a project based manufacturing environment with a heavy focus on R&D. The procurement manager is required to work with the engineering and technical experts to value engineer the product base.
- Work with the Operations team and Group Operations to set and implement a procurement strategy and ensure the procurement team is aligned to meet departmental goals and objectives
- Provide leadership, guidance and ensure the continued development of staff and other team members
- Lead development of Supply chain improvement and continuous improvement projects affecting Cost, Quality and Delivery
- Lead make buy decisions along with the evaluation and influencing of key outsourcing projects.
- Develop key suppliers and implement key supplier Long Term Agreements in line with the agreed strategy.
- Ensure partnership suppliers influence new product design at an early stage maximising DFM & DFA.
- Continuously work with suppliers to ensure quality, schedule adherence, cost reductions, improved payment terms and warranty periods
- Be accountable for the development of the key metrics and service level initiatives to improve customer satisfaction - Metrics to include (but not limited to) Supplier On Time Delivery in Full, Purchase Price Variance Management, Cost reduction & Inventory levels
- Identify, manage & mitigate supply chain risks to the business
- International trading issues/imports/legal, awareness and management
- Supplier selection, verification and management
- A Purchasing or Supply Chain degree or MCIPS qualified
- Ideally held a similar position in a high technology company or a high mix, low volume engineering company
- Good understanding of lean principles
- Self motivate and driven by continuous improvement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Track record of negotiating and managing key supplier contracts
- ERP System experience & working knowledge
- Able to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Good influencing skills
- Excellent team player
£70,000 - £80,000 plus package