General Manager - Warehouse
A leading privately owned Transport and Logistics business with one of the most recognisable brands in the UK Logistics industry seek a General Manager - Warehouse Bias
A leading privately owned Transport and Logistics business with one of the most recognisable brands in the UK Logistics industry. The business has a blue chip customer base and a strong reputation as a leading employer of choice within the Logistics Distribution and supply chain sector.
In this exciting role, the successful General Manager - Warehouse will manage a shared-user transport & Warehouse operation within the Bristol region. This will involve managing the operations to ensure excellent customer service whilst ensuring good levels of profitability. Other key responsibilities include:
- Reviewing resources to ensure they are being utilised at the optimum level.
- Assessing the commerciality of Warehouse & Transport routes and operations.
- Developing and retaining a Warehouse management team.
- Managing commercial agreements with customers and building good customer relationships.
- Creating a strong culture of employee engagement, communication and Health and Safety.
The successful General Manager - Warehouse will have strong shared user Warehouse experience and the capability to progress further in the organisation. Other key aspects of the successful candidate will include:
- Excellent Warehouse knowledge, both operationally and commercially.
- Strong influencing skills both internally and externally.
- Excellent people engagement skills
- An innovative approach to Warehouse operations.
- A home location within the South West region.
£65,000 - £75,000 Company Car/ Pension/ PHC/ 25 day+ BH