- Operation Manager for a Sales and Distribution organisation
- A great Opportunity to make an impact and put your own stamp on the operation
A Service provider and distributor of Goods based in Bristol within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector.
The Operations Manager will take responsibility for the day to day functionality of a Distribution Centre based in Bristol.
This is a complex operation, leading, managing and co-ordinating the warehouse and stock control functions of the distribution centre, ensuring the efficient and cost effective fulfilment of customer requirements.
In addition you will liaise closely with internal and external customers to ensure all customer service, performance, productivity, accuracy and cost targets are met and exceeded. Along with all aspects of warehousing, you will also co-ordinate the Transport function. Responsibilities include;
- Developing a positive and vibrant culture on site.
- Overseeing all Warehouse operations.
- Managing a challenging Budget and all depot financial's.
- Agree and maintain client SLA's
- Ensure site is compliant to all Health & Safety legislation.
The successful Operations Manager will live within a commuting distance of Bristol and be able to demonstrate the following
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
- Ability to listen and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- IOSH certificate or country equivalent qualification.
- LEAN (Six Sigma) experience or green/black belt would be advantageous.
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
A salary of c£38,000 - £43,000 + PHC, pension, 25 days + BH for the Successful Operations Manager