Indirects Procurement Specialist
An opportunity for a motivated Buyer to ‘fast track’ their career in a dynamic, Blue Chip environment. Working as a Buyer with this leading Bank, the opportunities for career development are exceptional as the procurement function undergoes a major transformation programme.
This is very much a greenfield role; where you will influence stakeholders and expenditure in those parts of the UK Group that currently have no Procurement support. You will therefore take a leading role on engaging stakeholders who maybe unfamiliar with Procurement process and guiding them on best practice and running competitive vendor selection processes, negotiation of supplier contracts whilst ensuring business needs are met. The role focuses on a variety of generalist category expenditure, so you will need to have good Generalist category experience (HR, Professional Services and IT etc.)
The role offers a highly competitive salary and package; opportunities for training and the possibility of CIPS sponsorship. Opportunities for long term career development with this leading Banking Group are excellent.
The Buyer Role:-
As a Buyer you will work in the UK Procurement team, reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer. The role will include Buying responsibilities across a range of categories including IT, Professional Services, HR, and others in support of the UK territory businesses. The role will involve gaining experience in a fast paced dynamic environment with exposure to many varied parts of the UK businesses whilst working for a globally renowned bank. The role also offers plenty of opportunity for development and progression either in the various Procurement teams existing globally in the Banking Group or through internal mobility within the Banks business lines.
Influencing stakeholders (Project Managers) is a key part of the role, so you will need a flexible and open minded approach and be willing to get involved in project management aspects too.
This role would suit an academically and numerically strong Procurement professional, with a foundation in the core Procurement skillsets and who is maybe studying for a Procurement Professional qualification (such as CIPS), and who is looking for a challenge to advance their career in Financial Services Procurement.
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- The Buyer will be responsible for contributing to the optimisation of the Banks UK cost base by delivering savings while respecting sustainable development for targeted areas.
- Commercially managing sourcing activity (RFI’s/RFP’s/RFQ’s) for projects ensuring agreed business objectives and quality standards are delivered on time and on budget.
- Developing sourcing strategies and supplier networks for specified areas of spend, to meet Bank or Group UK territory needs
- Gathering and analysing data and information on spend, supply markets, supplier costs, and performance to assess these for opportunities.
- Support the implementation of agreed sourcing strategies and monitor progress, and taking action as necessary to achieve targets and improvements in cost, quality, service and innovation
- Providing colleagues and internal clients at all levels in the different business lines with expert advice and guidance in order to enable them to understand and maximize the benefits achievable from good practice in supplier management, contractualisation and Procurement process.
- Identifying, recommending, negotiating, and implementing contractual changes as required in order to ensure costs and services evolve to match changing business needs and priorities.
- Working closely with the Legal team and/or external counsel to understand and manage legal risks associated with supplier contracts, and ensuring compliance with relevant law and regulation.
- Contributing to the development and promotion of Procurement models, standards and policies covering procedures, documentation, governance, vendor risk management etc. to drive consistency and good practice
- Proactively participating in strategic developments that impact the category
Essential Experience of the Buyer
- Significant Procurement experience ideally within a global Procurement function
- Financial Services exposure an advantage
- Has led or participated in Procurement projects
- Has led negotiations and buying skills – can demonstrate track record of savings
- Experience of negotiating vendor contracts / SOWs / addendums
Advantageous Experience of the Buyer
- Familiarity with Category Management / Strategic Sourcing process an advantage
- Has used Procurement tools e.g. Ariba / Ivalua etc. (advantageous)
- Degree / Post-graduate qualified or equivalent
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
Apply for Indirects Procurement Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly