Procurement Manager | Industry Leading Manufacturer | Sussex
This industry leading organisation has just secured a multi-million pound contract that will see unprecedented growth across the Procurement function. The team are already on course to deliver £2m+ savings over the coming year and are looking to drive this even further, hence the creation of this role. You will be pivotal in both developing and delivering the specific plans and activities that will ensure this improved performance in assigned areas.
You should be an experienced and commercially focussed Procurement professional who will have responsibility and accountability for spend management supporting direct categories. The successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and a proven track record in leading complex procurement projects that deliver compliance, manage risk and maximum value for money.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering and implementing category strategies for their areas of responsibility
- Lead sourcing initiatives, providing technical and market expertise, content expertise and value delivery (total cost of ownership), whilst reporting risk and issues with suppliers
- Accountable for their specific categories, with responsibility for total expenditure to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet the businesses’ requirements
- You will lead the supplier selection and qualification process and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement)
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits, opportunities and business requirements
Skills and Achievements:
- Demonstrable experience in sourcing and procurement roles
- CIPS qualified preferred
- Proven negotiation experience
- Proven analytic capabilities
- Reasonable knowledge of commercial agreements
- Highly motivated with a capability to handle demanding workload that requires accuracy
- Proven ability to solve problems promptly and effectively
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills in MS Office
- Sound stakeholder management experience
This really is an exciting role in a growing Procurement team where opportunity to identify areas of savings are plentiful. Please apply asap!