Deputy Night Shift Manager
My client is looking for an ambitious warehouse manager to join their senior management team, you will be responsible for running the night shift alongside other management within a fast paced environment. You must have a warehouse team management background.
- Provide timely Management Information that adds value to the DC Operations on a regular basis as determined by the site General Manager.
- Manage site, departmental and individual performances to positively impact on site KPIs.
- Ensuring all Team Leaders understand how to influence costs achieve financial and operational KP's in line with the DC budget.
- Collate relevant statistical evidence as required, being proactive in the use of data to assist in decision making processes.
- Manage the Team Leaders, creating an engaging and positive work environment, encouraging feedback and continuous improvement on site.
- Promoting and maintaining high morale and effective engagement at all times.
- Act as a role model for the Team Leaders to promote team work and collaboration.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with Union Stewards, escalating any potential issues to the General Manager/HR & T Manager in a timely manner,
- Ensuring that work is carried out to agreed standards, liaising with the HR team for the appropriate support and guidance required.
- Nurture and mentor Team Leaders in all aspects of their role ensuring that areas for development are highlighted and appropriate plans are in place for their improvement.,
- Effectively manage the Team Leaders to ensure that all people processes are followed fairly and consistently and within agreed timescales. eg Appraisals, Return to Work meetings.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by reporting all accidents or near-misses, following up on all accident investigations in a timely manner.
*A proven record in Managing managers
*Able to demonstrate and discuss confidently improvements in a similar environment in, processes, people management, service improvement and cost reduction/improved efficiency.
*Knowledge of KPI's and their application
*Ability to diligently follow work procedures and safety rules
*Awareness of current Health and Safety Legislation and practices
*Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
*Effective organisational and time management skills.
*Effective influencing and negotiation skills
*Confident decision making and problem solving
*Statistical Analysis skills
*Proven PC literacy having used Microsoft packages
*Display a positive attitude and conduct themselves as a role model
*Ability to develop, coach and motivate others
*Experience in handling difficult situations
*Reliable and Self motivated
*Pro-active and forward thinking approach
*An excellent relationship builder
A salary between £26,000 and £28,000 dependant on experience. Plus benefits