A Bid Coordinator/manager opportunity to work in a dedicated national bid team.
Your new company
This organisation is recruiting for a talented and self-sufficient Bid Manager with proven success in a similar role, to be based at there Abingdon office. With a key leading role as part of a dedicated national bid team, this position will lead the bidding and business development activity across there network of 17 UK offices.
Your new role
- Managing complex bids and providing support to less complex bids
- Managing the entire bid process, working closely with all parts of the business to ensure professional, compliant and compelling bid responses
- Organising bid reviews and actively reviewing against client requirements
- Developing and implementing best practice across the wider bid team and division
- Creating high quality client proposals including bid submissions, pre-qualification questionnaires, presentations and supporting pre-bid activity, the standard of which should acts as a benchmark to the team
- Driving and improving the look and feel of bid documentation through creative graphic design, in line with branding guidelines
- Planning, coordinating, editing and writing bid content, bespoke to client requirements
- Facilitating kick-off meetings, workshops and storyboarding sessions
- Continuously improving document design and layout , liaising with graphic designers as necessary
- Seeking and analysing internal and external feedback to support continuous improvement
- Working closely with bid contributors to develop and implement work winning strategies across multiple sectors, and shape the approach to bidding
- Undertaking bid/no bid discussions and bid categorisation
- Developing bid plans and using them as a key bid management tool
- Interfacing with the wider bid team to share knowledge and best practice, and raise standards across the division.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum two years' experience in a bid management role
- Excellent written English
- Demonstrable project management experience on sizable bid opportunities
- Demonstrable creativity and innovation through production of bespoke documentation
- Line management experience is desirable
- An understanding of professional services and/or the construction industry is desirable
- A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign is desirable
- As the role requires significant UK travel, a full UK driving license is required.
What you'll get in return
In return, this organisation offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including 24 days holiday, Pension and Life Assurance. You will also be eligible to participate in the Company Share Purchase Scheme. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase your talents and develop your career with one of the UK's leading multi-disciplinary consultancies.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.