Transportation Contract Manager
A Transportation Contract Manager is required for a leading media client based in London.
Our client is a leading media business with a global distribution footprint.
Our client is seeking a dynamic and analytical Transportation Contract Manager, to oversee the transportation of physical media goods across Europe and facilitate the export of goods across the world. They operate a diverse distribution network across Europe with manufacturing and distribution facilities in a number of European countries. These facilities are managed by distribution partners, who are required to manufacture and deliver products to the highest standards. As the Transportation Contract Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the goods are delivered in a cost effective and efficient way which meets and exceeds the customers' requirements. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Contract management of the distribution partners to ensure all transportation cost and service KPI's are maintained.
- Managing multiple supply chain transformation projects.
- Reviewing and auditing freight invoices, whilst identifying opportunities to reduce spend.
- Dynamic data and cost modelling of alternative transport strategies.
- Creating robust transport plans for high profile global product launches.
- Capturing and documenting the transport requirements of European and International customers.
The successful Transportation Contract Manager will live within a commuting distance of central London and be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- Extensive operational experience within the logistics industry.
- Ideally operational experience within the transport department of a major 3PL or a large in-house operation.
- Experience of managing international shipments and export requirements would be advantageous.
- A proven track record of delivering meaningful change projects.
- Advanced data analysis skills to create and manage complex data models through MS Excel.
- Commercially astute and educated to a high level.
- Strong numerical skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Good communication skills and the ability to build productive relationships with stakeholders at all levels
A competitive basic salary and package is on offer for the successful candidate.