An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in an exciting purchasing department based in Lincoln supporting the Team in a range of administration and practical tasks to assist them in ensuring the availability of a range of parts and services. As an assistant buyer you will report into the purchasing team leader, where you will be trained and developed through the purchasing department and wider business operations.
This manufacturing and production business based in Lincoln have been present in the area for a number of years, building and developing strong local relationships around the local area. With a great reputation for developing talent internally, this will be a great opportunity to get involved in a business that has seen positive financial performances giving you the opportunity to develop.
Job responsibilities for the assistant buyer:
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Comply with all Health and Safety rules and regulations
- Comply with Quality Assurance requirements.
- Maintain effective oral and written communications with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Input and maintain accurate part pricing as directed by the Team Leader
- Request, obtain and analyse quotations for required goods and services
- Prepare, issue & maintain Purchase / Repair/ Work Orders defining all relevant contractual and specification details conforming to company policy
- Expedite orders to ensure goods and services are supplied as requested and specified
- Ensure line management is made aware and kept up-to-date of any problems/issues in a timely manner
- Monitor the timely clearance of Goods Inwards delays, resolving rejected items, invoices and delivery queries
- The post holder may be required to undertake additional duties of a level commensurate with their existing responsibility
The ideal Assistant buyer should have the following competencies:
Excellent attention to detail
Competent in the use of Microsoft office
Effective communicator at all level
Competent in the use of a mainframe operating system
High level numerical and analytical skills
A fixed term contract - salary pro rata of £18-22k