Head of Relationship Management and Supplier Risk
As Head of Supplier Risk and Relationship Management, you will play a critical and pivotal role in the direction of this global and award winning Financial Services business...
As Head of Supplier Risk and Relationship Management you will be responsible for defining and delivering the organisation’s approach to Supplier Risk and Relationship Management. You will be responsible for establishing the organisation’s approach to management of key Supplier relationships and will be required to work with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, including senior management.
The business is transforming both its firmwide risk management model (implementing 3 Lines of Defence) and its Procurement capability. As a result it is enhancing its approach to Supplier Risk and Relationhip Management. One of the priorities is to design and implement a holistic Supplier and Risk Management Framework which meets regulatory requirements and enables delivery of Procurement’s business objectives.
This is predominenly a stand-alone role, although management skills will be required to support a small non UK based team. The main focus will be in the IT space although you will be looking at supplier risk and supplier management issues across the board. You will need the gravitas to engage and influence your stakeholders and will need to possess an open and fresh approach to problem solving in this new exciting role. Opportunities are excellent.
This is a new role; and you will be a critical member of the Global Procurement team; the culture is informal and flexible; and the salary and package are highly competitive.
- Overseeing the Second Line of Defence responsibility for the Global Procurement function. This includes ensuring an efficient and fit-for-purpose Supplier Risk Framework, robust management and tracking of the risk control status for all suppliers and ensuring the development of supplier on boarding and risk management plans.
- Collaborating with leadership in stakeholder groups to ensure the Supplier Risk Framework is designed and executed to appropriately manage third party risk across multiple risk domains (Regulatory, Operational, Financial, Contractual, Information Security, Business Continuity)
- Designing the firm’s strategic approach to Supplier Management, determining how the organisation will manage supplier relationships, drive maximum value from supplier relationships, and meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining a way of segmenting the organisation’s supply base to identify the highest risk and value relationships.
- Identifying and maintaining an inventory of the organisation’s critical and important supplier relationships and implementing related systems and tools.
- Defining and implementing the operating model for Supplier Management, clearly defining roles and responsibilities for all required activities.
- Implementing supplier management activities, internal policies, standards, templates and best practices across the firm globally, providing training and support and creating a community of supplier managers across the organisation.
- Providing leadership and direction to the global network of designated supplier managers.
- Monitoring and reporting out on key Supplier Risk Framework elements, including overall effectiveness and maturity, successes and challenges, enterprise level assessment of vendor risk, issues of non-compliance.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area of study and extensive experience in one or more of the following areas in the financial industry:
- Third party risk management
- Vendor/supplier relationship management
- Procurement/strategic sourcing
- Vendor contracting
- Enterprise vendor management office,
- Vendor due diligence/compliance audit
- Procurement: understanding of the entire supplier life-cycle, from initial supplier identification, through contracting to delivery of services through to exit of the contract and strong understanding of how Supplier Relationship Management operates as part of an overall set of processes which support delivery of services to the organisation
- Risk & Control: understanding of the principles of Risk Management, Control and assurance, define the required risk management activities and work with a range of stakeholders to develop an effective and sustainable approach to supplier risk
- Stakeholder management: experience of building relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels, across business lines, in all locations and with different cultures, experience of working in a matrix environment / delivering through teams of people the role holder doesn't directly manage or work directly.
- Supplier Management: experience of managing supplier relationships, strong understanding of the core activities required to manage supplier relationships successfully and ability to develop best practice approaches to managing suppliers
- Service Management: experience of managing delivery from suppliers, operational understanding of how supplier management works in practice and the key activities and touchpoints between the organisation and its suppliers
- Flexible, action-oriented team player with the ability to attend to the detail but also have the aptitude to understand and address the bigger picture
- Able to deal with ambiguity
- Open attitude to change
- Ability to develop and effectively present information to leadership in either written or verbal form
- A financial services background is strongly preferred
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.