Transport Team Manager
In the role of Transport Team Manager you will be responsible for ensuring SLAs are adhered to and helping manage the drivers with any queries or assistance they may have.
Our client are a leading 3PL who operate across the UK. They have a number of blue-chip clients and do branded distribution and other freight forwarding work for them.
In the role of Transport Team Manager you will be:
- Having a clear operational plan - always bearing in mind the bigger picture and the end customer whose standards and expectations we need to meet.
- Understanding the wider business objectives and in line with this, looking for ways in which to reduce cost, improve service etc.
- Fleet management, maintenance and associated administration.
- Investigating any service or operational failures to ensure they are understood and prevented in future.
- Leading the way in terms of best practise regarding safety and ensuring your team understand the importance of being safe in the workplace at all times.
In the role of Transport Team Manager it is essential you have 2 years experience in a similar role and:
- Excellent management style - encouraging, inspiring and enabling the team around you to be the very best they can be.
- An innovative approach to leadership - being creative and implementing new ways to improve performance.
- The ability to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
- A good understanding of reporting and recording performance statistics.
- Having a good understanding of computer and transport management systems.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
£30,000 + Benefits
Earlies/Lates rotating shifts 5 of 7