Interim General Manager - 3PL
Our client has engaged us to support them in their search for an Interim General Manager for a period of 3-6 months. An immediate improvement in performance and service levels is crucial.
Our client is a Blue-Chip business who is one of the leaders in contract logistics offering both warehousing and transport Nationwide. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Senior Management team with the aim of improving performance and service levels across multiple sites for one of the largest contracts in their network.
The role is effectively split into two arms. The first being the general day-to-day running of the operation and the second involving process changes. Key responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Communication with the centralised transport operations to ensure efficient distribution.
- Management of the warehouse operation.
- Assessment of current warehouse procedures and layout.
- Coach and lead a newly-established team.
- Propose and implement process change to raise overall standards and improve performance.
The successful candidate will have previously worked at a similar level, although the role is predominantly focused around warehousing performance an understanding of the distribution function is also key. To be considered for the role applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A track record in process change within warehousing.
- An understanding of KPI management and disciplinary procedures.
- Have a strong understanding of health and safety and compliance.
- Have experience in understanding and managing SLAs.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and leadership skills.
Our client is offering between £250 per day - £325 per day DOE for an Interim General Manager to start immediately.