Transport Supervisor required for a leading Distribution business based in the Leeds area. This is an initial 12 month FTC to cover maternity but there will be potential opportunities to go permanenent.
Leading FMCG distribution business based in the Leeds area requires a Transport Supervisor to join them on an initial 12 month contract.
- Assign work to the drivers and mates (if required), maximising both vehicle and manpower utilisation. Follow up on actual driver & mate performance and take corrective action as required.
- Ensure drivers and mates adhere to best practice and the relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), using them to plan and lead working practices.
- Regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements to customer service whilst minimising costs of delivery.
- To complete processing of pick lists, dispatch notes and load sheets in accordance with depot procedures
- To carry out suitable Induction & H&S training for all new entrants & refresher training, as required, for all existing staff.
- To ensure that a comprehensive program of training is identified & implemented to meet all existing H&S requirements.
- To manage a program that provides realistic & suitable H&S drop risk assessments (DRAs) for all customer's outlets & make recommendations as to any action required to reduce risks to MC delivery crews.
- To ensure that all drivers and mates are fully aware of and comply with all relevant Health & Safety and Fire regulations.
- To ensure that all vehicles and associated equipment are operated in the appropriate and safe manner and check that all vehicles that have had defects, are actioned in a timely manner. Raise Purchase Orders (POs) for repairs, as required and is appropriate.
- Prepare driver tachograph for monthly analysis and ensure MC drivers work within all Legal requirements of Drivers Hours & Working time Directives.
- Ensure that all transport statistics are produced in a timely fashion for internal and external consumption.
- Previous experience of distribution/transport
- Experience of load planning desirable
- Minimum GCSEs grade C inc Maths & English
- Transport Office Experience
- Customer Service Skills
- Good IT Skills
- Experience Of Managing People
- Knowledge Of EU Drivers Hours Regulations
- CPC national (Preferred but not essential)
- Experience Of Planning Systems would be advantageous
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to £25,000 dependent on experience.