Operations Manager- Automotive Company
My client, a leading automotive company based in Wolverhampton is currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to add to their team.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background within warehousing ideally within an automotive for 3PL environment, with previous manufacturing experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity with a market leader and will provide the right individual vast progression opportunities.
A leading automotive company based in Wolverhampton.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee a team of Warehouse Shift Managers, Supervisors, c100 operatives, and inventory team
- Oversee a small automotive production facility
- Provide strong leadership for all personnel on site
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service
- Manage all HR processes within the warehouse
- Actively promote LEAN and 5S incentives
- Promote strong quality, delivery, cost and morale within the site
- Implement cost reduction initiatives
- Seek out business development opportunities
- Oversee site Health & Safety
- Plan the operations finances and have budget responsibility
- Promote innovative thinking and continuous improvement
Key Skills required:
- Educated to degree level in one of the following; Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Management or Logistics
- Experience within either a 3PL or automotive warehouse to senior level
- 3 years managerial responsibility within a fast paced logistics environment
- Experience managing a demanding customer
- Budget management experience
- Experience implementing LEAN processes
- Strong understanding of MRP and SAP systems
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex data
- Experience driving continuous improvement initiatives
Salary on offer is between £40,000 and £42,000 + package.