Senior Sourcing Manager - Professional Services
Senior Sourcing Manager for Professional Services with a leading, global and award winning Financial Services business.
Procurement is a relatively new function within this global company; with approximately 35 Procurement staff based across the UK, Continental Europe & Asia Pacific. The team manages approximately $700m of spend split between technology and non-technology categories in 26 countries. The team is currently undertaking an exciting global transformation programme to ensure alignment with the organisations values and priorities.
This is a great place to work; the culture is informal and flexible; and some homeworking may be possible, once you are established in the role. Salary and package are highly competitive.
Purpose of your role:
To deliver global sourcing and procurement initiatives and on-going supply governance/risk management support in the Professional Service category (e.g. management consultancy, strategic consultancy, tax, audit, etc.).
Your key accountabilities:
- Support the development of global professional service category strategy for ‘active’ management expense line for both supply and demand levers.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills are required to ensure you are able to become and been seen as a trusted adviser to the senior business stakeholders.
- Leading demand challenge and driving innovation, i.e. establishing longer range plans, assessing opportunities and leveraging market developments/industry best practises to drive efficiencies and global cost savings.
- Driving procurement processes and taking responsibility for leading contract and service level agreement (SLA) negotiations. Ensure clear accountabilities, timelines and deliverables are established; and ongoing status routinely communicated to projects teams and stakeholders.
- Assisting and mentoring service owners in managing external supplier relationships in particular the performance management, service delivery, SLA monitoring and reporting;
- Proactively managing suppliers, services and service extensions in conjunction with business sponsors and other stakeholders to maximise the benefits sought, e.g. financial, operational, risk mitigation etc.;
- Undertaking supplier and contract management activities, including: facilitating the setup and engaging in / providing oversight of key supplier governance arrangements; managing contractual processes & formal contract changes; supplier benchmarking & financial/risk assessment reviews.
- Ensuring accurate and up to date of contracts and supplier records are maintained, and commercially sensitive information managed in line with the business’ information security standards.
- Keeping internal stakeholders informed of procurement activities and progress through collaborative working and pro-active communication. Establishing an engagement process & maintaining awareness with/alerting stakeholders of potential future procurement activity.
- Maintaining awareness of industry developments and best practises. Keeping abreast of potential new supply arrangements, latest products/services from a procurement perspective to prompt and promote innovation in the Company.
- Drive innovation and the continuous improvement of commercial standards and processes to strengthen procurement disciplines across the FIL organisation to maximise the value derived from / minimise the risk associated with the supply base.
Your skills and experience:
- Extensive professional service procurement experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Strong market and technology knowledge, and evidence of utilising that knowledge to make changes to procurement plans and business decisions.
- Achieving results through working with senior business executives and procurement specialists embedded in regional business functions around the globe.
- Procurement function leadership skills – extensive experience of leading concurrent procurement initiatives, contract negotiations, and the management of supply relationships across a range of procurement categories in a global services organisation.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills both written and verbal, and ability to visualise, articulate ideas and concepts succinctly to senior executive.
- Demonstrate broad understanding of financial management principles (e.g. TCO, P&L etc) and other quantitative information to ensure procurement outcomes are both financially and qualitatively sound.
- Experience of running formal Procurement processes on a Global basis.
- Experience of resolving disputes and commercial contract law concepts and contract term constructs.
- Strong team working skills, and ability to operate across teams, cultural and organisational boundaries.
- Experience of working in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to multi task and prioritise workload with a strong attention to detail and stakeholder management.
- Business aware and customer focused.
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and procurement leadership skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communications. Cantonese/Mandarin/Japanese language skills would be an advantage.
- CIPS or equivalent qualification/experience.
The role is based in Kent, near Tonbridge, with periodic travel required to offices in Surrey and central London.
Beaumont Select is a leading Supply Chain & Purchasing Recruitment Agency for permanent and interim staffing solutions. We support a primarily blue chip client base, in the provision of experienced Supply Chain & Purchasing Professionals; successfully resolving their Purchasing Recruitment demands. We have a proven track record in purchasing recruitment and are a leading purchasing recruitment agency. Complying with the BERR Beaumont Select are an Employment Agency and an Employment Business
More jobs like this
- £80,000 - £99,999 Specialist Management & Executive jobs in Purchasing, supply (main)
- £80,000 - £99,999 Specialist Management & Executive jobs in Buying
- £80,000 - £99,999 Specialist Management & Executive jobs in Operations
- £80,000 - £99,999 Specialist Management & Executive jobs in Procurement
- £80,000 - £99,999 Specialist Management & Executive jobs in Category management