Interim Procurement Adviser - £300/day
My client is a public sector organisation in need of an experienced procurment advisor to assist with a number of projects across direct and indirect categories.
You will be tasked with leading major procurements including establishment of frameworks which are new to the organisation.
The right attitude, approach, interpersonal skills and public sector procurement knowledge are key for this position.
- To implement the Procurement Policy and Procedures ensuring they are in line with public and EU procurement best practice and legislation
- To advise colleagues in the procurement of goods, services and works and delivering best practice procurement services
- To identify of strategic procurement opportunities (e.g. opportunities for supplier rationalisation, cash and efficiency savings) and priority areas to tackle.
- To negotiate of organisational-wide framework agreements delivering savings (financial and/or efficiency)
- To deliver successful, compliant tender exercises:
- To update, suitable templates for tendering purposes incl. ITT, evaluation/assessment, tender reports
- To upskill and train colleagues regarding procurement and contracts as appropriate
- To produce regular savings and budget reports
- To update procurement intranet pages and ensure they are communicated appropriately within the Museum
- To complete and update Contracts Library - maintained in conjunction with the Head of Property and Contract Administration
- To undertake any other task that might be required from time to time, commensurate with the grading of the post and the experience of the holder.
- Provide support to Heads of Department in tendering -assisting in production of tender documents and service specifications, evaluation criteria, advertisements, participating in evaluation and interview panels.
- To lead on exercises