Reporting directly to the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing policies, procedure and strategies, whilst managing procurement exercises from inception to completion.
My client is a leading nuclear organisation that are looking for a Procurement Manager to join their team, to ensure that you drive best practise and that you are achieving best value for the organisation whilst complying with the Public Contract Regulations and policies within the nuclear sector is vital.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all tendering activities, purchase order processing and supplier performance.
- Developing and implementing tender documentation;
- Recommending key procurement decisions at each tender/project milestone;
- Contract management of procurement contracted supply base;
- Undertaking bench marking, measurement and target setting of key business performance indicators;
- Managing external facing relationships relating to procurement including representation to tenders up to executive level.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A proven track record working in public sector procurement;
- Experience within OJEU contracts
- Forward thinking and approachable, with strong relationship management skills;
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills;
- Ability to influence and provide procurement advice to colleagues at all levels within the organisation up to and including executive level;
- Good knowledge and understanding of legal issues and government procedures relating to procurement and contract management;
- Proven track record of successfully leading large procurement tenders;
- Experience of making key strategic decisions.
Other knowledge and qualifications include:
- Relevant qualification is advantageous, such as MCIPS;
- Logical approach to problem solving together with solid decision making capabilities;
- Ability to adapt to and manage changing priorities.
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to £50k plus competitive package for the ideal candidate