Packaging Buyer - FTSE 100 - £35k
PACKAGING BUYER - DIRECT PROCUREMENT - FMCG - FTSE 100 - SURREY - £35,000 + PACKAGE
A global industry leader in the FMCG sector seeks a talented packaging buyer to join a restructured procurement team. The position is surrounded by a supportive team that reports directly to the Senior Category Manager. Responsibilities will include managing a combined spend of the subcategories, upwards of £30 million, with possible movement to other profit sectors. The role includes possible career progression to senior management. Preferably with experience in retail and strategic sourcing.
Key Responsibilities of the Packaging Buyer include:
- Develop market-winning procurement strategies for the packaging category using the 7-step strategic sourcing process achieving the procurement team's targets
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create a valuable procurement function within the company with responsibility into the millions
- Close liaisons with the sales and marketing teams to develop new ideas for packaging whilst understanding the core business needs in product development
- Report a weekly status update directly to the Senior Category Manager
Required Procurement Background and Skills:
- Expertise in working with the seven-step strategic process within the packaging category that provides successful fruition with tangible financial results
- Talents in working within the fast-paced consumer orientated environment
- Desire to work in a multinational and collaborative team with experience productively handling a multi-million pound spend
- A degree education, or recognised equivalent, with outstanding analytical skills, an inquisitive mind and wants to progress to managerial positions
To capitalise on this opportunity with multiple routes to further success please contact me at:
Keywords: Procurement, Purchasing, Senior Buyer, International Procurement, FMCG, Packaging, Food, Beverage, EMEA Procurement, Europe, London, CIPS, Degree, Strategic Sourcing, Manufacturing, Procurement Industry.