Currently working with a well respected Housing Association in the Warrington Region who due to a expanding portfolio of clients, require a Category Manager to add to the Procurement Function. The role is looking to bring new and innovative approaches to the Procurement Function.
Housing Association, based in the Cheshire Region, who require a Category Manager
The role of Category Manager will oversee the following responsibilities for the business:
* Responsible for continually evolving and shaping the value proposition across their category;
* Contribute to thought leadership, shaping the market and future state whilst designing innovative solutions to meet present and future needs;
* To formulate, develop and be responsible for a strategic category plan and its financial performance and growth.
To develop and maintain continuous engagement with key suppliers and members making sure performance and customer service are a key consideration;
* To implement the prescribed commercial, contract and supplier relationship management programs as set out by the Head of Procurement;
* Analysing data generated by company payment systems and other sources and preparing reports for members and suppliers;
* Manage tendering and other procurement processes in line with both departmental and category targets and where required EU regulations in a timely manner;
* Produce procurement reports for both internal and external publication;
Plan, forecast and implement tendering timetables for the category;
Measure performance against defined targets for the category, reporting on performance
Ideally, the candidate will have the following background:
Education to degree level or equivalent experience;
* Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply;
* Experience in the housing, medical or higher education sectors;
* Confident negotiator with the ability to develop and close on solution based opportunities
* Strong communication skills;
* Expert knowledge of EU procurement regulations;
* Experience in developing strong stakeholder relationships;
* Experience of managing and motivating a team
* A full driving licence
Competitive basic and package.