Currently working with a well established Housing Sector Provider, based in the Warrington region, who due to significant growth, require a Category Buyer to add to their Procurement Function.
Housing Association, based in Warrington, who require a Category Buyer.
The role of Category Buyer will oversee the following responsibilities:
* Deliver tendering and other procurement processes in line with both departmental and category targets and where required EU regulations, ensuring tendering timetables for the category are adhered to;
* Contribute to the development and implementation of category strategies aligned to market developments and member requirements to drive increased spend under management
* Offer regular input to the Procurement Management Team
* Implement and manage individual Framework Strategies to assist in the achievement of financial performance and growth;
* To streamline processes and implement efficiency's through use of category knowledge, standard operating procedures, technology that increase productivity and ease the procurement of products and services for our customers and suppliers;
* To develop and maintain continuous engagement with all suppliers making sure performance and customer service are a key consideration;
Ideally, the candidate will have the following background:
* Excellent time management and organisational skills;
* Strong communication skills;
* Experience of managing (procurement consortium) projects and contracts;
* Ability to develop strong supplier relationships
* Experience of multiple procurement activities, including knowledge of EU Procurement regulations
* Commercial and sector focus
* A full driving licence will be required for this role
Competitive basic and package.