Procurement & Commercial Contracts Manager
- Identify, plan and undertake effective negotiation of high value, complex contracts covering the procurement of goods or services, including OJEU tenders to deliver best value for money within allocated budgets ensuring compliance with Trust Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions and EU Procurement Directives
- Use own judgement and initiative for making recommendations to Stakeholders on areas of high expenditure that should be considered for contracting and recommend the correct procurement route that is legally compliant, challenging clinical choice where cost pressures arise or alternative solutions that would deliver increased savings to the Trusts.
- Provide guidance and support to stakeholders in the preparation of product / service specifications.
- Work with key clinicians/stakeholders to manage the trial and implementation of new or alternative equipment and/or products.
- Undertake highly complex analysis of tender responses that supports stakeholders make effective and compliant contract award decisions.
- Prepare and issue formal Contract Documentation compliant with the Public Procurement Regulations and ensure appropriate steps are taken to avoid legal challenge including the appropriate communications of award decisions to suppliers and support of complex legal challenges that may occur from suppliers as a result of a tender competition.
- Contract resolution of high value, complex supply agreements where Procurement intervention is required.
- Responsible for on-going supplier management for high value, complex contracts working with stakeholders to minimise risk to service provision.
- To support the delivery of the agreed annual savings plan by identifying, achieving and recording cost savings via the purchasing activity undertaken.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with clinicians and non-clinical staff from all Departments (including Executives) giving expertise advice on Standing Financial Instructions, OJEU regulations, gaining full cooperation and understanding of Procurement throughout the Trust.
- Use persuasion and negotiation skills to control resistance to processes by managing strong opposing views from senior managers and Executives.
- Collaborate with other Trusts and other Public Sector organisations in establishing consortium relationships to procure goods and services where joint commitment will yield enhanced value for money.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.