Materials Planner required for Port Talbot based manufacturer
The Materials Planner will be responsible for ensuring that the weekly Manufacturing Plan is available in a timely manner and is achievable in-line with Capacity, Resource and Production constraints. The role is an extremely busy role hence the right candidate needs to be committed with excellent time management skills. The successful applicant will be a proactive team player with proven communication skills, who will be motivated, punctual, well organised with determination and the desire to succeed.
Specific duties of the Materials Planner include:
- Management of open Works Orders to ensure OTIF delivery to the Customer
- Experience of Production Planning / Scheduling
- Excellent IT skills, especially Excel, knowledge of Sage 200
- Extensive Liaison / chasing of internal suppliers.
- Building excellent rapport with internal customers.
- Coordinating and communicating with internal staff.
- Experienced in maintaining information within Sage for MRP functionality.
- Resolving queries through quality management systems.
- Monthly reporting based on company / department objectives.
- Attendance of daily production meetings
- Able to take the lead on weekly OTIF meetings
What you'll get in return
A salary of £26k to £30k, dependent on experience, plus a benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.